[ Tenkasi M. Viswanathan (AKA Visu) is my father. His e-mail is viswanathan dot tenkasi at gmail dot com. No doubt he was, along with my mother, the most important influence on my thinking. Thanks mainly to him, I came to love mathematics. -Gandhi ]
- On fully ordered rings, J. Indian Math. Soc. 32, 381-396, 1968.
- Ordered modules of fractions, J. Reine Angewandte Math. 235, 78-107, 1969.
- Generalization of Holder’s Theorem to ordered modules, Canadian J. Math. 21, 149-157, 1969
- (With T. Gulliksen and P. Ribenboim) An elementary note on group rings, J. Reine und Angew. Math. 242 (1970) 148-162.
- (With Clive Reis) A compactness property for prime ideals in Noetherian Rings, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 25, 353-356, 1970.
- Hahn valuations and locally compact rings, J. Algebra, 17, 94-109, 1971.
- (With H.J. Shyr) A note on the radicals of lattice-ordered rings, Pacific. J. Math., 54, 257-260, 1974.
- A characterization of Henselian valuations via the norm, Bull. Brazilian Math. Soc., 4, 51-53, 1973.
- Lattice-ordered rings satisfying identities, Colecão Atas, Brazilian Math. Soc., 33, 145-177, 1973.
- Sobre dimensao de Krull de aneis comutativos, Atas 9th Brazilian Math. Colloquium, 71-78, 1973.
- G-domains and their overrings, Proc. 4th School of Algebra, Brazilian Math. Soc.
- Local and global theory of quadratic forms, Math. Exp. Federal Univ. Ceara: Proc. Number Theory Meeting, Fortaleza, 1976.
- (With Revati Ramaswamy) Overring properties of G-domains, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 58, 59-66, 1976.
- Ordered fields and sign-changing polynomials, J. Reine Angewandte Math., 296, 1-9, 1977.
- Factorial coordinate rings of conics in PK3, Bull. Math. Italiana, 17-A, 247-248, 1980.
- Prufer domains: Results and problems, Proc. 2th Braz. Math. Colloquium,
- (With A.J. Engler)Digging holes in algebraic closures a la Artin – II, J. Contemporary Math. American Math. Soc., 8, 351-360, 1982.
- (With M. Fontana) Analogues of a theorem of Cohen for overrings, J. Pure and Applied Alg., 29, 285-296, 1983.
- (With A.J. Engler) Real fields with small Galois groups, Rocky Mountain J. Math., 14, 817-818, 1984.
- (With Da Silva) A note on the structure of Zp[[X]]©modules, Compte Rendu. Math. Acad. Soc., Royal Soc. Canada, VII, 342-348, 1985.
- (With A.J. Engler) Formally real fields with a simple description of the absolute Galois group, Manuscripta Math. 56, 71-87, 1986.
- (With G.G. Bastos) Torsion-free Abelian groups, Valuations and Twisted Group Rings, Canadian Math. Bulletin,31, 139-146, 1988.
- (With E.G. Houston and T. Lucas) Primary Decomposition of Divisorial Ideals in Mori Domains, Journal of Algebra,117, 327-342, 1988.
- (With A. Solian) Hochster’s Theorem, Coherent Locales, and Lattices of Radical Ideals, Communications in Algebra, 16, 2625-2648, 1988.
- (With G.G. Bastos) Purely Transcendental Extensions of Torsion Free Abelian Group Rings and Valuations, Proceedings of the 12th Brazilian Colloquium, Rio de Janeiro, 19, 9-15, 1989.
- (With A. Solian) Open Problem E: A Problem in Topology and Logic, Papers on General Topology and Related Category Theory and Topological Algebra, Annals. New York Academy of Sciences, 552, p.189, 1989.
- (With G.G. Bastos and L.Fuchs) On Chains of Purely Transcendental Field Extensions, Rendiconti Seminario Mathematico della Universitá di Padova, 83, 171-175, 1990.
- Adjoint Functors Arise Everywhere, Proceedings of the 10th School of Algebra, Vitoria, E.S., Brazil, Colecao Atas 16, 81-94. Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian Mathematical Society, 1990.
- (With A. Solian) Pluri-adjoints and Preservation of Finite Limits, Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 65, 69-90, 1990.
- (With A. Solian) Colimits of Hom-sets and Pluri-representable Functors, Bull. Soc. Math. Belgique 44, 2 Ser B, 147-163 (1992).
- Paulo Ribenboim: Three Aspects of His Career, Proceedings of the Third Number Theory Conference, London, Canada, Oxford University Press, 1993.
- (With A. Solian) Adjoints, Multi-adjoints, Pluri-adjoints, Bull. Soc. Math. Belgique 2, 259-264 (1995).
- (With G.M. Viswanathan) Spontaneous symmetry breaking and finite-time singularities in d-dimensional incompressible flows with fractional dissipation, EPL 84, 50006 (2008).
- (With G.M. Viswanathan) Hydrodynamics at the smallest scales: a solvability criterion for Navier-Stokes equations in high dimensions, PHILOSOPHICAL TRANSACTIONS OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY A-MATHEMATICAL PHYSICAL AND ENGINEERING SCIENCES 369, 359-370 (2011).
Studies on Ordered Rings and Modules, Doctoral Thesis, Queen’s University at Kingston, 1967.
Projective Modules and Symmetric Algebras by Hyman Bass. I (TMV) organized and wrote up these notes of the lectures of Professor Hyman Bass. Published by IMPA, Rio de Janeiro, 1978.